Announcing GroupMe Featured Groups
Today, we’re thrilled to announce another awesome feature of the GroupMe platform—Featured Groups. Starting today, we’re partnering with five amazing brands to help them connect with fans and bring some exciting, exclusive benefits to GroupMe users. They’re like private fan clubs for the things you love.
- Oxygen’s Bad Girls Club - GroupMe users who are in a Bad Girls Club group will be able to receive exclusive content from Oxygen, including reminders about when the show is on, first-hand tidbits from the characters, and access to special promotions. Bad Girls Club featured groups even have the chance to be contacted directly by the Bad Girls themselves!
- MTV’s Randy Jackson Presents America’s Best Dance Crew - Once the new season premieres on April 7 at 10 p.m., fans who are in an ABDC group will be able to receive all sorts of content directly from MTV, including behind-the-scenes video clips, photo galleries, insider blog posts, and tune-in reminders. Plus, each week, a few lucky groups will be joined by one of the Crew members, answering fans’ questions directly via GroupMe messaging and conference calling!
- Bon Jovi - Legendary rock band Bon Jovi is using GroupMe to help their fans chat about their shows, events, appearances, causes, and anything else. Groups will be automatically entered to win exclusive merchandise including photos, albums, and DVDs signed by the band. Plus, on their 2011 tour, Bon Jovi will give GroupMe users a chance to win backstage passes, upgraded seats, and more!
- Bonnaroo - The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is celebrating its tenth year with an amazing lineup, and GroupMe will be helping fans easily plan their journey to Tennessee and stay connected with their friends onsite. GroupMe will be fully integrated into the official Bonnaroo iPhone, iPad, and Android applications, ensuring that no matter who you go with, you’ll be able to seamlessly plan and share a perfect Bonnaroo experience.
- Coachella - At this year’s Coachella music and arts festival in Indio, California, GroupMe users in Coachella groups will be able to receive reminders for all the festival’s best bands. Plus, with updates directly from the festival organizers, GroupMe users will be the first to know about any changes to the festival or special promotions taking place onsite.
You can start a featured group under any of these brands today through the “Featured” tab in our Android and iPhone apps, or by visiting the landing pages linked above.